shrug-l: Emergency Info

Richard.Butgereit at dca.state.fl.us Richard.Butgereit at dca.state.fl.us
Fri Mar 16 18:07:21 EDT 2007

John,

You contacted me off the list regarding the Florida DEM areas and other
data, but I wanted to pass on some info on the other layers requested and
figured I would share with the list...

A neat feature of the Florida Geographic Data Library's Metadata Explorer
(http://www.fgdl.org/metadataexplorer/explorer.jsp) is to click on the
Browse tab, click Other_Categories, and then click Emergency_Management --
and there you will find several of the layers you are looking for. I have
been talking with Lex at GeoPlan, and we look forward to loading the site
with more of this type of data.

Glad to see you are including the United States National Grid -- today I
updated our USNG in Florida presentation on our webpage at
http://www.floridadisaster.org/gis/USNG. If you are having any trouble
selling GIS users on the value of this new tool, you may want to check out
this presentation.

Thanks,
Richard Butgereit
GIS Administrator, Florida DEM
richard.butgereit at dca.state.fl.us
www.floridadisaster.org/gis
850-413-9907

"Sykes, John" <John.Sykes at dep.state.fl.us>
Sent by: shrug-l-bounces at lists.dep.state.fl.us
03/16/2007 10:34 AM

<shrug-L at lists.dep.state.fl.us>
cc

Subject
shrug-l: Emergency Info

I'm helping the local Civil Air Patrol (Tallahassee Squadron) put together
a map of area emergency resources with GPS locations.  Three things I am
currently looking for are:
1.) the Statewide FEMA regions (or districts, or whatever they are called,
I was told there are 10 in Florida - but the Tallahassee CAP contact says
they are responsible for Region 13 or maybe it was the 13 counties in the
Big Bend area, whatever);
2.) the location of Fire & EMS Stations and;
3.) (probably need to talk to FWC for this one) the location of all boat
ramps and marinas (to find accidentally activated  ELTs).
I already have all airport and hospital locations, evacuations routes,
national grid coordinates, etc.
Thanks.
SHRUG-L mailing list
SHRUG-L at lists.dep.state.fl.us

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want
your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do
not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by
phone or in writing.