shrug-l: FL data for Address Geocoding

Benton Belcher benton.belcher at goisc.com
Wed Mar 21 12:31:40 EDT 2007

Check out the Microsoft MapPoint Web Service:

http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/products/webservice/features.mspx <http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/products/webservice/features.mspx>

The MapPoint Web Service utilizes the Group 1's roof top geocoding for batch processing.  Very accurate and 99.9% uptime.

Also, you could use the Virtual Earth API for single point geocoding:

http://www.microsoft.com/virtualearth/components.mspx <http://www.microsoft.com/virtualearth/components.mspx>

"Geocoding. Get the most accurate locations around the world with the highest quality geo-coders, such as Group1 GeoStan geocoding engine in the U.S." - MSFT VE Site

No, need to purchase data or pay outrageous licensing costs for storing it :-)

Benton