shrug-l: FL data for Address Geocoding

lance.peterson at dot.state.fl.us lance.peterson at dot.state.fl.us
Wed Mar 21 13:21:12 EDT 2007

Do you know what source is for the Microsoft GIS data? I took a look at
their site and can't find the GIS metadata info that I would normally
expect to find.

Lance Peterson

"Benton Belcher" <benton.belcher at goisc.com>
Sent by: shrug-l-bounces at lists.dep.state.fl.us
03/21/2007 12:31 PM

"Tripp Corbin" <tcorbin at keckwood.com>, "Yasar Korkmaz"
<Yasar.Korkmaz at citizensfla.com>, <SHRUG-L at lists.dep.state.fl.us>
cc

Subject
RE: shrug-l: FL data for Address Geocoding

Check out the Microsoft MapPoint Web Service:

http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/products/webservice/features.mspx

The MapPoint Web Service utilizes the Group 1's roof top geocoding for
batch processing.  Very accurate and 99.9% uptime.

Also, you could use the Virtual Earth API for single point geocoding:

http://www.microsoft.com/virtualearth/components.mspx

"Geocoding. Get the most accurate locations around the world with the
highest quality geo-coders, such as Group1 GeoStan geocoding engine in the
U.S." - MSFT VE Site

No, need to purchase data or pay outrageous licensing costs for storing it
:-)

Benton