shrug-l: "GIS Short Course" using TatukGIS

Tim Spivey tspivey at tiftcounty.org
Thu Feb 21 12:32:57 EST 2008

For those on a tight GIS budget -

Sometime in March, I'll be re-running my free "GIS short course" class,
using the free TatukGIS Viewer. It's a one-morning, 3-hour, hands-on
class with PDF class manual, designed for GIS newbies who have basic
Windows skills. Real-world exercises using parcels, address points, road
centerlines, database queries, printing and export.

We've deployed "Tatuk" with great success among county staff and some
outside agencies. Most have been up and running with just one 3-hour
class.

For those not familiar with the free Tatuk viewer - it's an excellent
alternative to ArcView, more flexible than ArcExplorer, and has the
advantage of protecting your data from accidental damage.
Www.tatukgis.com The WinGAP Group in Georgia is posting the viewer on
its site. The Tatuk program will not run on a networked server, but can
use networked data.

If you're interested, let me know. The classes will be held in Tifton
GA. Class size is limited to 10-12 persons per session, 8:30-11:30am (or
noon).

Please reply to tspivey at tiftcounty.org ... our mail server blocks all
SHRUG listserver mail.

Tim Spivey