shrug-l: Laptop GPS Receiver

Sandell, Keith M. sandell.keith at mail.dc.state.fl.us
Thu Jun 12 20:56:36 EDT 2008

Shruggers,

I'm looking for a compact USB enabled GPS receiver for a laptop. Most of the products I have been able to find have been for laptop/vehicle setups with 6 foot cables.

An oversimplification of what I want to find it essentially an antenna sticking out of a USB port, or similar.

Any experiences with this type of device integrated with ArcGIS would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any responses.

Keith Sandell
Correctional Services Assistant Consultant
Bureau of Probation & Parole Field Services
Florida Department of Corrections