shrug-l: FW: Laptop GPS Receiver

Sandell, Keith M. sandell.keith at mail.dc.state.fl.us
Fri Jun 13 10:45:54 EDT 2008

Shruggers,

Thanks for all the good suggestions and input it helped narrow the focus
of my search based on the intended use, which is kind of complicated.

Through all of this I have further defined the needed specs, which
include direct USB connectivity (can't use Bluetooth), capability of
providing snapshots of current GPS locations without secondary software
(street map type stuff) and without the messy cables.

It is to be used in an open air environment so there is no concern about
interference from vehicle structures. I have found 2 that seem to fit
this bill:

The Deluo NavStick: http://www.deluogps.com/product.php?id=10-038-00
average price of $65-80, pretty basic, small and without a much other
functionality

The US GloablSat DG-100 GPS Data Logger:
http://www.usglobalsat.com/p-25-dg-100-gpsdata-logger.aspx average price
of $70, a lot more functionality, bigger and ugly as sin.

Has anyone had any experiences with these or other products from the
manufactures?

I would sincerely appreciate any feedback concerning these devices.

Keith Sandell

Correctional Services Assistant Consultant

Florida Department of Corrections

Phone: (850) 410-3045

Fax: (850) 487-4427