shrug-l: GeoDa and Spatial Regression

Mike McManus mmcmanus at TNC.ORG
Fri Jun 13 16:54:34 EDT 2008

I am doing a spatial regression analysis using the free software GeoDa
and have a question about spatial weights.  Does anyone know if it is
possible to edit the spatial weights file created by Geoda?  I can open
the *.GAL file in notepad to see how many neighbors a point shares based
on the contiguity of Thiessen polygons created around the points.
However, I need to edit some of those neighbors as they do not make
geographic sense.  While I can make such edits to *.GAL file in notepad,
I do not seem to be able to choose that newly edited file as the weight
file in GeoDa.

TIA,
Mike

Michael McManus