Subject: shrug-l: Hardware

James Klugh JamesKlugh at wilsonmiller.com
Tue Mar 18 09:07:22 EDT 2008

I'd have to disagree with this and say DO NOT get CRT's unless money is
a huge issue.  LCD technology is hugely improved now, you can easily get
quality LCD monitors that aren't overly expensive as long as you don't
get the absolute bottom of the barrel cost (even then, it shouldn't be
too long before those are at that level too).  A good LCD with a DVI
input from a decent manufacturer can greatly outperform most CRT's now
(there hasn't been any quality research into CRT tech in a while, it's a
mostly abandoned technology research-wise).

James Klugh
Senior GIS Analyst
(239)-263-6464      ext 7118
WilsonMiller, Inc