shrug-l: Statewide images

Bret Whiteley bwhiteley at ecdflorida.com
Thu Mar 20 16:36:37 EDT 2008

Thanks to David for sharing this resource with SHRUG.  I have looked through
the aerials served, and there is some good stuff in here - however, not all
counties have the latest, best resolution available, so just be aware that
better data may be available through respective County Offices - granted
this is probably only for inland Florida counties, and that was not the
point of this image server.

I do have a question/problem that maybe somebody on this list can help with.
The layer check boxes are always grayed out, indicating I am out of the
allowable scale range of the data (unless I zoomed into 1:0.024).  The
visible range cannot be changed through the server, or can it?  The data
displays on-screen without any problem, which is strange because of the
grayed check box! However, when I try and print or export a map using the
aerials, I get a blank page (only overlay vector data displayed).  David,
mentioned (in private email) that he did not have this problem.  I am
wondering what I am overlooking, has anybody else on this list experienced
similar issues?  I am thinking it may have something to do with the Images
being served on a GCS projection, but maybe not.  Incidentally I experience
the same problem when using images sourced from ESRI Geography Network
Server.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Bret.

  _____