shrug-l: please post

Kevin Doar khdoar at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 12 16:45:14 EDT 2008

 Hello all!  My name is Kevin Doar and I am new to the server list.  I wanted to introduce myself and say that I
am very interested in working full time in a GIS position/internship if anyone knows of a position available.

I have a M.A. in history from Florida State
University (FSU), where I studied environmental history.  I entered the Planning department at FSU this
fall, as my history thesis touched on several planning issues that interested
me.  One class in particular I enjoy, and
am doing exceedingly well, is Urban Information GIS.  Learning computer programs quickly has always
been a strong suit of mine, and ArcGis is no exception.

Consequently, I have decided to transfer in the spring
semester to the GIS Masters program within the Geography department at
FSU.  I will be attending part time, as I
do now with the Urban Planning department.
I am looking for a full time internship/position which I could work
extensively with GIS.

Currently, I am employed part time as a planner at
the Department of Community Affairs, where I work with ArcGis daily.

Thank you very much for any advice anyone has for a job search in Tallahassee.  I look forward to getting to know all of you!

.