shrug-l: CAD Annotation to ArcGIS 9.x shapefile

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Mon Oct 13 10:39:49 EDT 2008

Nathan,

If you have access to Autodesk Map 3D, it will export it to a shapefile
like you want. I am guessing you don't have that though. Why do you want
it as a polyline? I am going to guess it is so you can get the rotation
angle and use labels. If this is the case, when you import the CAD
annotation it should include a rotation field which you can use for
labeling.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT
ESRI Authorized Instructor