shrug-l: RE: RE: CAD Annotation to ArcGIS 9.x shapefile

Ivey, Kenneth Kenneth.Ivey at talgov.com
Mon Oct 13 13:42:57 EDT 2008

Here is something that I found on ESRI's ArcScripts page that could be useful: http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=12654

This tool will convert an annotation coverage to a shapefile while maintaining its integrity on the attributes.  The shapefile's geometry will be a polyline and the angular orientation of text is preserved.  The annotation coverage must be a selected layer in the table of contents, and the new shapefile is stored in your system's temp directory.