shrug-l: Selecting dates from a field older than one year

Ken Stocks ken at talquinelectric.com
Wed Aug 26 12:26:42 EDT 2009

Everyone,

Thanks for all of the input on my question.  One question asked was if
current_date is a function.  I got it from the sql reference in the
ArcGIS help menu.  After further looking into the disconnect date field,
we have found that it is a text field.  The field is updated from an
oracle database overnight.  We will try to get it changed in oracle to a
date field.

The purpose of the function was to create an mxd that automatically
updates the selected set without having to continuously update the
statement.  I have been successful returning records that work on a
unique value (disconnect_date < '2008-08-26 12:09:00').  I have tried
every variation of disconnect_date < current_date - 365 (single quotes,
double, parenthesis, etc).  Going to put this on the back burner for now
since other work is piling up.  If I get to work, I will share with the
rest of you.

Thanks again,

Talquin Electric Cooperative, Inc.

Ken Stocks, Mapping Coordinator

Office:    850-627-7651 ext. 1756

Cell:         850-694-3730

This mail was sent via Mail-SeCure System.