shrug-l: ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 License changes

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Fri May 8 09:01:52 EDT 2009

Hey Guys,

I was talking with the ESRI folks from their Atlanta Office about ArcGIS
Server 9.3.1 yesterday. They informed me that not only does 9.3.1 have
better performance over older versions but also they have reworked the
licensing so you get more bang for your buck. The new licensing break
down goes something like this as I understand it:

ArcGIS Server Basic

                SDE functionality

                Web Map Serving

ArcGIS Server Standard

                SDE

                Web Map Serving

                Web Editing

ArcGIS Server Advanced

                SDE

                Web Map Serving

                Web Editing

                Mobile Editing

                Four Extensions - Spatial, 3D, Network, Geostatistical

If you are on maintenance, you will get the upgrade for free. As a
matter of fact you might already have it. I got ours two weeks ago.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood, Inc. <http://www.keckwood.com/>