shrug-l: GA URISA January Luncheon

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Tue Jan 5 11:09:54 EST 2010

Don't miss Georgia URISA's first monthly luncheon of 2010, scheduled on
Tuesday, January 12th from 11:30-1:30PM.  This event is hosted by McKim
& Creed, PA, located at 702 Old Peachtree Road, Suite 100, Suwannee, GA
30024.

Driving Directions:

Traveling North on I-85:

I-85 North to Old Peachtree Road Exit. Take right on Old Peachtree Road.
Travel 1 mile. McKim & Creed office is on right.

Traveling South on I-85:

I-85 South to Old Peachtree Road Exit. Take left on Old Peachtree Road.
Travel 1 mile. McKim & Creed office is on right.

>From I-285 East and I-285 West:

I-285 to I-85 North. I-85 North to Old Peachtree Road Exit. Take right
on Old Peachtree Road. Travel 1 mile. McKim & Creed office is on right.

>From I-985:

I-985 South to I-85 South. I-85 South to Old Peachtree Road Exit. Take
left on Old Peachtree Road. Travel 1 mile. McKim & Creed office is on
right.

Parking Directions:

We have plenty of parking for all. Parking will be located the front of
the building. The entrance to the meeting will be on the far left side
of the building (opposite end from driveway location). As we have
several entrances to the building, we will put up a couple of signs
around the outside perimeter to point members in the right direction.

Overview

Georgia URISA luncheons are intended to provide educational and
networking opportunities, along with a sensible meal. Most of our
luncheons are orchestrated according to the following agenda:

11:15 - 11:30: Registration

11:30 - 12:00: Lunch & Networking

12:00 - 12:10: News & Announcements

12:10 - 1:30: Presentation or Panel Discussion

Professional Activity Hours

You can earn 2 hours towards GISP certification by attending this event.

Presentation

Topic: Mobile Scanning and GIS

Speaker: Marty Stoughton

Leading into the second decade of the 21st century, a terrestrial data
collection revolution has begun. Advances in LiDAR scanning technologies
now allow survey grade data to be collected while in motion and at
posted speed limits. Mobile LiDAR Scanning incorporates GPS, cameras and
terrestrial scanners to measure the properties of scattered light to
determine range, elevations and other critical mapping data. Marty
Stoughton, PLS is McKim & Creed's MoDaC(tm) Project Coordinator; he will
describe data collection procedures for street level asset management
using Mobile LiDAR Scanning and the migration of terrestrial point cloud
data to a GIS.

Speaker Bio:

Marty Stoughton, PLS

MoDaC Project Coordinator

McKim & Creed, PA

mstoughton at mckimcreed.com

Marty is responsible for marketing and scheduling Mobile LiDAR Scanning
projects for McKim & Creed and works out of their Wilmington, North
Carolina office. He is a licensed Professional Land Surveyor with over
30 years of survey experience and has managed multiple GIS data
collection projects. Marty has lived in Wilmington for 24 years. He is
married to his wife Helen and has a son, Raleigh, who is attending Laney
High School.

Cost

Member Cost: $12

Non-Member Cost: $15

To Register for the meeting

Registration Instructions:

Connect to the Georgia URISA website to register for this event.
www.gaurisa.org

Please complete your RSVP by Friday 01.08.10 so that nametags can be
prepared and we have an accurate headcount for food. If you have not
registered by the deadline of Friday 01.08.10, and still attend the
meeting, please display professional courtesy in allowing those who
registered to prepare their food first. Thank you.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood, Inc. <http://www.keckwood.com/>