shrug-l: RE: making many files from 1 file

Moore, Chris P. Chris.P.Moore at dep.state.fl.us
Thu Jan 7 14:50:42 EST 2010

Many thanks to the people who responded, there are two suggestions that have worked:

1)      Download the current version of Hawth tools and use the "Vector Editing Tools> Split Vector Layer by Unique Value Field"
http://www.spatialecology.com/htools/download.php     (Thanks to Amy Knight)

2)      An ArcGIS Toolbox/python script found here http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=14127 also worked. You also have a little more control over the file name coming out. You will likely need to edit the python script associated with this tool to correctly point to the location of your installed ESRI GP toolboxes. Once I made that change, it worked great.   (Thanks to Aparna Bokey)

Chris Moore
Data Administration Analyst
Water Information Technology Services (WITS)/GIS
BMC, Room 165-D, MS3511
Ph (850) 245-8051