shrug-l: making many files from 1 file

Fenwick, Larry Larry_Fenwick at csx.com
Fri Jan 8 07:31:24 EST 2010

Chris,

Use the Split tool under the Analysis Tools toolbox - Extract toolset in
Arc Toolbox.  I've used this to pull a separate feature class for each
state out of the entire US States dataset.  Use the same dataset as the
Input feature and the Split feature.  The split field will be State
Name.  Target workspace is where you want to deposit the 50 individual
state shapes.

Thanks,

Larry Fenwick, LEED AP

GIS ANALYST