shrug-l: Script needed...

Thomas, Jim jim_thomas at golder.com
Mon Jan 25 10:38:52 EST 2010

Hi all,

I'm looking for a script.   Has anyone come across a script that does the following?

1.       Selects features from a feature class based on a string of values in a table.

2.       Merge the selected features into one feature and attribute with a new id.

For example:
Table says:     A = 1+2+3
Select features 1, 2, and 3 from feature class
Merge the selected features into one feature
Attribute the merged feature as 'A'

This process will have to be done as many times as there are records in the table.... Could be hundreds of records.

Anyway, let me know if any of you have seen anything like this.  Thanks!

Jim Thomas, GISP | GIS Analyst | Golder Associates Inc.
9428 Baymeadows Road, Suite 400, Jacksonville, Florida, USA 32256
T: +1 (904) 363-3430 | F: +1 (904) 363-3445 | E: jim_thomas at golder.com<mailto:jim_thomas at golder.com> | www.golder.com<http://www.golder.com/>

Work Safe, Home Safe

This email transmission is confidential and may contain proprietary information for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. Any use, distribution or copying of this transmission, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Electronic media is susceptible to unauthorized modification, deterioration, and incompatibility. Accordingly, the electronic media version of any work product may not be relied upon.