shrug-l: Feature Annotation

Sandell, Keith M. sandell.keith at mail.dc.state.fl.us
Mon Jan 25 14:46:22 EST 2010

Hey Shruggers,

Hoping someone can throw me a bone real quick, or at least point me in
the right direction for the documentation.

I have a map with many features and labels with bullet leaders to the
features. I want to be able to manually place the labels with the bullet
leader's feature end-point staying fixed near the feature. You know grab
the label and drag it around and have the bullet leader follow, but also
remain "attached" to the point.

Is this even possible? If so, how?

If not, does anyone think there is much benefit in this type of labeling
functionality, similar to the way Model Builder automatically arranges
and attaches processes with straight and angled lines.

Thanks

Keith Sandell, MBA

Management Analyst

Bureau of Probation and Parole Field Services

Office of Community Corrections

Florida Department of Corrections

2601 Blair Stone Road

Tallahassee, Florida 32399

Phone: (850) 410-3045

Fax: (850) 487-4427

"If we are to achieve results never before accomplished, we must expect
to employ methods never before attempted." - Francis Bacon

This electronic message may contain protected health record/care
information intended for addressee(s) only. Unauthorized release or
disclosure may violate state and/or federal laws.