shrug-l: Discounted ArcGIS Classes

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Wed Mar 3 11:42:54 EST 2010

Keck & Wood has scheduled several ArcGIS classes  for March and April.
These include classes for beginners such as ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop I:
Getting Started with GIS
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/ArcGIS%20Desktop%20I.pdf> ,
intermediate users such as  ESRI's  ArcGIS Desktop II: Tools &
Functionality
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/ArcGIS%20Desktop%20II.pdf>  and
ArcGIS Desktop III: Workflows & Analysis
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/ArcGIS%20Desktop%20III.pdf> . To
celebrate Keck & Wood's new office, we are offering a 30% discount off
the price of our traditional instructor led GIS classes for the first
quarter of 2010.

These classes can be used as education points toward getting or
maintaining the GISP Certification. Other Organizations and States do
accept these classes as continuing education and professional
development points.

In addition to our GIS classes, we are also offering a Project
Management Professional exam prep class
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/PMP_5day_examprep.pdf> . This is a
weeklong class for anyone about to take the PMI's PMP certification
exam.

We are also now able to accept  VISA, Master Card and Discover cards.

March 2010

ArcGIS Desktop I
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/ArcGIS%20Desktop%20I.pdf>

March 18-19

Keck & Wood, Inc. <http://www.keckwood.com/>

Duluth, GA

This two-day course provides the foundation for understanding GIS, what
it can do, and how others are using it. Students learn the basic
functions of a GIS, why a GIS database is powerful, and what coordinate
systems and map projections are and why they are important. In course
exercises, students work with ArcMap, an application within ArcGIS
Desktop, to visualize geographic data, create maps, query a GIS
database, perform spatial analysis using common analysis tools, and
solve geographic problems using a systematic approach. This course
teaches the skills and knowledge needed to take other ArcGIS Desktop
courses.

Cost: Normally $850.00 per student ($595.00 with New Office Discount)

Click here to register
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Student%20registration%20form.pdf>

April 2010

ArcGIS Desktop II
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/ArcGIS%20Desktop%20II.pdf>
April 5-7

Keck & Wood, Inc. <http://www.keckwood.com/>

Duluth, GA

This three-day course teaches the range of functionality available in
the ArcGIS desktop software and the essential tools for visualizing,
creating, managing, and analyzing geographic data. This hands-on course
uses exercises to emphasize practice with ArcMap and ArcCatalog (the
primary applications included with ArcGIS Desktop software) to perform
common GIS tasks and workflows. The tools for creating and managing
geographic data, displaying data on maps in different ways, and
combining and analyzing data to discover patterns and relationships are
highlighted, and students learn how ArcGIS Desktop provides a complete
GIS software solution. By the end of the course, students will be
prepared to start working with the software on their own.

Cost: Normally $1,325.00 per student ($927.00 with New Office Discount)

Click here to register
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Student%20registration%20form.pdf>

ArcGIS Desktop III
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/ArcGIS%20Desktop%20III.pdf>
April 8-9

Keck & Wood, Inc. <http://www.keckwood.com/>

Duluth, GA

This two-day ESRI developed course builds on the skills and knowledge
taught in ArcGIS Desktop II: Tools and Functionality, and shows how to
apply ArcGIS tools in a workflow context with a focus on working with
data stored in a geodatabase and performing geoprocessing and analysis.
In the course exercises, you organize and edit data stored in a
geodatabase, prepare data for analysis, create and edit geoprocessing
models using ModelBuilder, and work through a challenging analysis
project.

Cost: Normally $850.00 per student ($595.00 with New Office Discount)

Click here to register
<http://www.keckwood.com/files/GIS/Student%20registration%20form.pdf>

Please visit our website at www.keckwood.com <http://www.keckwood.com/>
for more information about our services and other upcoming classes. If
you have any questions concerning these classes or any other classes
offered by Keck & Wood, please call us at 678-417-4000.

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood, Inc. <http://www.keckwood.com/>