shrug-l: Trying to put together a CompTIA CTT+ certification Class

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at keckwood.com
Thu Mar 4 08:20:52 EST 2010

Hey Guys,

I am trying to put together a preparation class for CompTIA's CTT+
<http://www.comptia.org/certifications/listed/ctt.aspx>  certification
exams. The CTT + (Certified Technical Trainer) is an international
certification for those that teach technical courses specific in the
Information Technology field.  As I understand it many of the large
software and hardware companies such as Microsoft, Adobe, Dell, Novell,
Ricoh, and now ESRI, are requiring this certification for anyone that
wishes to be an Authorized Instructor on their platform.  I know several
of our members teach classes and I thought y'all might be interest in
taking part in the class I am trying to put together.

Emory University offers a three day prep class for the CTT+. The first
day covers mostly the written exam. The next two days move focus on
preparing the video submittal for the certification. You will be given a
voucher to take the Computer-based exam at any Prometric Testing Site
after you complete the class. The video needed for the second exam will
be produced as part of the class. Once you have passed the Computer
based exam, you will submit the video to CompTia for evaluation.

After this class, you will be able to

*	Obtain the skills needed to successfully complete the written
and video evaluations required to obtain the CompTIA CTT+ certification.

*	Deliver training that motivates participants to learn
*	Incorporate the principles of adult learning into your course
delivery
*	Develop learner-centered objectives
*	Practice a variety of instruction techniques
*	Adjust instructional techniques to meet your group's needs
*	Use questions to ensure interactive learning and test for
understanding
*	Use effective methods for responding to questions
*	Give and receive constructive feedback
*	Improve your delivery skills with practice lessons

Emory claims to have 98% pass rate for those that take this course. I am
trying to get 7 to 10 students interested in the class. The cost of the
class will be between $1,000.00 to $1,500.00 depending on how many
students we can get. I am looking at a date sometime in April.  I am
hoping to hold the class at our new office in Duluth GA in our new
training room. So  is anyone interested?

Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP
Vice President, GIS/IT
ESRI Authorized Instructor
Keck & Wood, Inc. <http://www.keckwood.com/>