shrug-l: Selecting Dead Ends (Dangles) in ArcMap

Joseph Vetere jwvetere at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 09:33:03 EDT 2010

Hi SHRUG-ers,

I am working on a project that involves selecting many line features (from a
large Streets shapefile) that are dead ends (dangels in GIS speak).  Can
anyone help me think of a way to do this for a very large shapefile with
hundreds of features that will need selecting?

By the way- I received a suggestion to accomplish this by creating a
topology rule in a geodatabase to allow no dangles and then running a script
to export topology errors, but ArcView does not support the creating of
topology rules.  I am running ArcView 9.3.

Thanks & Greetings from Virginia,

Joe

--
Joseph Vetere