shrug-l: GIS Concurrent License being used without permission

Matthew.Muller at dca.state.fl.us Matthew.Muller at dca.state.fl.us
Wed Sep 22 13:21:37 EDT 2010

All,
The division I work for has 1 concurrent ArcInfo license and an array of
concurrent ArcEditor and ArcView Licenses.

Under ArcGIS administrator only one machine has its software product set
to ArcInfo. Prior to the installation of 10, only this machine was able to
access our one ArcInfo license.

With the installation of 10, one of the machines on the network whose
software product is set to ArcEditor now seemingly randomly checks out the
ArcInfo License even when the program is not being run. Moreover, when you
run the program on this machine it checks out an ArcEditor license and
does not use the ArcInfo license. It only turns in the license when the
computer is restarted.

ArcInfo workstation is not installed on this machine and borrowing is
turned off on all machines.

Any idea what is going? Thanks in advance

Matthew Muller
Community Planner
Department of Community Affairs
Ph: (850) 922-1789
Fx: (850) 488-3309
2555 Shumard Oak Boulevard
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2100

We are committed to maintaining the highest level of service and we value your feedback. Please complete our  Customer Service Survey . If you require direct assistance or a response, please  visit our Contact Page .

Florida has a broad public records law and all correspondence, including email addresses, may be subject to disclosure.