shrug-l: ArcGIS Alternative

Shawn Lewers slewers at fsu.edu
Tue Apr 5 10:21:52 EDT 2011

Correction- I would agree with DeAndre, Melisa, and William.

From: "Shawn Lewers" <slewers at fsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 14:11:00
To: DeAndrae Spradley<dredale7 at yahoo.com>; Shrug-l-Bounces<shrug-l-bounces at lists.dep.state.fl.us>; Shrug-L<shrug-l at lists.dep.state.fl.us>
Subject: Re: shrug-l: ArcGIS Alternative

I would agree with Melissa and her assessment. You can use Qgis to provide a gui interface with grass or at least you could last time I looked at it about 5 years ago.  In an enterprise environment you are probably better off with esri unless you have some good programmers. Also esri provides a fair amount of support that save me loads of time when there is a problem.