shrug-l: Create File Geodatabase in vb.net

Janelle Brown Janelle.Brown at citizensfla.com
Tue Aug 9 11:46:02 EDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

I have an ArcObjects question I was hoping someone could help answer.
I'm trying to create a File Geodatabase using VB.Net in Microsoft VS 10,
but I continue to receive the same error.  Here is the code I am using:

  Public Shared Function CreateFileGdbWorkspace(ByVal dataPath As
String) As IWorkspace

 Dim factoryType As Type =
Type.GetTypeFromProgID("esriDataSourcesGDB.FileGDBWorkspaceFactory")

        Dim workspaceFactory As IWorkspaceFactory =
CType(Activator.CreateInstance(factoryType), IWorkspaceFactory)

        Dim workspaceName As IWorkspaceName =
workspaceFactory.Create(dataPath, "Features.gdb", Nothing, 0)

        Dim Name As IName = CType(workspaceName, IName)

        Dim workspace As IWorkspace = CType(Name.Open(), IWorkspace)

        Return workspace

 End Function

The error I receive is:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{71FE75F0-EA0C-4406-873E-B7D53748AE7E} failed due to the following
error: 80040111 ClassFactory cannot supply requested class (Exception
from HRESULT: 0x80040111 (CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE)).

I've done considerable research on this error and it seems to stem from
a license initialization issue. I've found code related to the license
initialization, but it's not really working. I'm at a bit of a loss
right now because I'm obviously not very proficient at .Net. If anyone
has any suggestions, please let me know.

Janelle Brown

GIS Analyst, Corporate Analytics

Citizens Property Insurance Corporation

ofc. 850.521.8373   |   cell 850.879.2374