shrug-l: Any experiences with the Capturx/Adapx pen?

Jay Johnson johnsonj-gis at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 3 16:33:19 EST 2011

I been asked to evaluate implementing the Adapx "digital ink" pen at my new workplace.  The pen allows the user to fill out a trtaditional paper form (creating a hardcopy for custodial and record-keeping reasons), but it also captures the written data electronically (thus eliminating keypunch data entry).  We are specifically thinking about capture to Excel, but I'm interested in hearing from anyone with experience using any of this line of products, including the ArcGIS module.  It would be great to know if anyone is using this in routine operations.

Thanks,
Jay Johnson