shrug-l: Question 3

Porter, William B. william.porter at famu.edu
Thu Jun 2 11:29:02 EDT 2011

I talked with  a DEP employee at the SRUGinar who had great luck with
Arc Server;   This may have been the application end as opposed to
installation, but he had to get to that point.

My sieve-like brain doesn't remember the name of the guy whom I  sat
across from at lunch and spoke with - [I blame it on the anti-depressant
rather than my neurosis about names].

So,  does this person remember talking with me?

I am resolved that I will have to fight with ESRI on the installation
I'll need help on getting started with this shiny, new [to me]
application.

I downloaded one of the security patches from Microsoft, loaded it
manually - and got the response "This does not apply to your system."
Really.  I'm not sure what to do with that response, since the system
went to the trouble of finding and downloading it originally.

William  B. Porter     william.porter at famu.edu
412 5972

Application Coordinator for GIS / Infrastructure

Florida A&M University

EIT / GIS

1601 S. M L King

Suite 303