shrug-l: ArcMap 10 hiccups - in cut-&-paste from PowerPoint and Excel?

Tan, Yurong (OIG) Yurong.tan at va.gov
Tue Jun 7 09:38:47 EDT 2011

I am using ArcGIS 10 (SP1) and I have noticed lots of hiccups in the
cut-&-paste operations from MS PowerPoint and Excel to ArcMap.
Sometimes, a cut-&-paste can bring over tables or pictures from MS
Office, but it dropped lots of formatting information or misformated the
pasted portions.  And in some other times, it does not bring anything
over at all from MS office, though this appears to happen when the
"cut-&-paste" is heavy (large chunks).

Does anyone have similar experience to share?

Yurong Tan, PhD

Program Analyst (GIS), 54B

Healthcare Inspections

VA Office of Inspector General