shrug-l: ArcMap 10 hiccups - in cut-&-paste from PowerPoint and Excel?

Tan, Yurong (OIG) Yurong.tan at va.gov
Tue Jun 7 14:33:48 EDT 2011

Thank you!  When ArcMap crashed and I sent in the automated crash
message, and in a few minutes I got this response which says SP2 has
fixed these problems --- it is kind of sweet.  Unfortunately I am not
ready for SP2 yet as dust has still to settle yet.  Thanks for the
response.

Hello,

You recently submitted a crash report that occurred while using ArcMap.
Based on your description of what you were doing, I can tell you that
this issue has been addressed in 10 Service Pack 2.  This service pack
is available for download from the web, where you will also find a list
of issues addressed in this service pack.

http://resources.arcgis.com/content/patches-and-service-packs?fa=viewPat
ch&PID=17&MetaID=1752
<http://resources.arcgis.com/content/patches-and-service-packs?fa=viewPa
tch&PID=17&MetaID=1752>

EmailAddress: yurong.tan at va.gov <mailto:yurong.tan at va.gov>
doc and it bailed out. By the way, there are lots of hiccups in
cut-and-paste between MS office (power point, Excel) and map docs.

If you have time, please explain to me in further detail what problems
you are seeing copying and pasting between Office applications and
ArcMap.

Thanks,

Yurong Tan, PhD

Program Analyst (GIS)