shrug-l: 2011 GIS Data Discovery Workshop Tues June 28

Butgereit, Richard Richard.Butgereit at em.myflorida.com
Fri Jun 10 07:21:06 EDT 2011

Join us on Tuesday, June 28 for an early hurricane season GIS Data
Discovery Workshop.

Following up on the popular workshops in 2008 and 2009
(http://www.floridadisaster.org/gis/DataDiscoveryWorkshop), the
statewide GIS coordination committee is again sponsoring a GIS Data
Discovery Workshop at the State Emergency Operation Center (2555 Shumard
Oak Blvd, Tallahassee, FL 32399 http://bit.ly/fleoc).

This data discovery workshop is intended for GIS professionals and
Emergency Managers to learn about updated data, map services, and
portals, with an eye towards hurricane preparedness, response, and
recovery.

In the morning, we'll be sticking to the format of the 2009 workshop,
with short, rapid-fire presentations allowing numerous speakers to share
their information.

After a break for lunch, we'll reconvene to discuss GIS data
inventories, including the following -

NSGIC's GIS Inventory - http://gisinventory.net
FSU Geospatial Metadata Index - http://data.labins.org/clearinghouse
ArcGIS.com - http://www.arcgis.com/home
Virtual USA - https://vusa.us
Regional efforts
And any others you want to bring to the table

I would like for us to discuss experiences with these tools and
strategize on any opportunities to further increase use and
participation within Florida.

I am lining up speakers, and if you are interested in presenting, please
let me know.

Please also feel free to pass around this invitation to others.

Registration is encouraged, and now open via FDEM's webpage at
http://www.floridadisaster.org/gis, with 2 registration options...

Register to attend in person -
http://www.floridadisaster.org/gis/calendar/register.asp?CalendarID=1058
7