shrug-l: ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 2 released
tcorbin at keckwood.com
Tue May 10 08:07:23 EDT 2011
Esri released service pack 2 for ArcGIS 10 last week. It appears to have
fixed many issues especially several working with the new parcel fabric.
The parcel fabric is not the only area that includes fixes. There are
some for data driven pages, geoprocessing tools and more.
I will add one word of warning. I know of at least one person that has
experienced problems editing after installing the service pack. Editing
slowed to a crawl. He had to repair his geometry and everything seems to
have returned to normal. I personally have not had any issues.
Here are a few issues Service Pack 2 addresses:
* MapDoc.dataDrivenPages throws a poor error when the map
document is not DDP enabled.
* Alternating Scale Bar fills in solid black when zooming in.
* Multi-ring Buffer tool clips output buffers if Dissolve: All is
* Add Geoprocessing History page to FGDC metadata style.
* Run MultipleRingBuffer as a GP service crashes the server
objects due to intermediate output not set up correctly in the script.
* Update ArcGIS Server .NET Help for 10.0 SP2.
* Update ArcGIS Server Java Help for 10.0 SP2.
* General GML elements used to describe units of measure, times,
points, and polygons in metadata are handled incorrectly when importing
and exporting between ArcGIS metadata and the ISO 19139 format.
* The Snap Raster option should be honored by the Tin to Raster
* Along Line marker placement style for Representations does not
work properly when published to a MSD.
* When creating a schema-only layer package that includes a
Parcel Fabric and a .lyr file (built from a sub-class), the .lyr file
has a broken data source when un-packed.
* Concurrent editing of Parcel Fabric within separate child
versions of Default hangs other edit sessions when the Modify command is
* Planarize when used on a parallel offset does not break line if
offset line is perpendicular to parent line.
* Topology Loader tool for the Parcel Fabric fails to load certain
parcels and incorrectly defines them as multi-part polygons.
* All Parcel Editor dialogs should use field aliases from the
* Parcel Explorer window gets disabled when working with the
Parcel Fabric and cannot be recovered unless ArcMap is restarted.
* Parcel polygon does not sync with parcel line-work after
linepoint cracking has been preformed.
* Parcel Remainder does not work on a parcel participating in a
separate layer file if it is queried out of the default Parcels layer.
* ArcMap crashes when deleting join links within the parcel
* ArcMap and ArcCatalog crash when trying to open a particular DGN
V8 CAD file.
* ECW image files are shown as an invalid dataset.
* Mosaic dataset renders incorrectly in Web applications when
published as an image service.
* Export to CAD does not honor the "Circle" field value for the
CadType field which is used with Export to CAD.
* The "level" field is not being used when Export to a DGN Version
8 file. If level values are defined they are not being created in the
output DGN file.
Those are just a few of the issues addressed in Service Pack 2 for
ArcGIS 10. For a complete list of issues addressed or to download the
service pack go to:
ch&PID=17&MetaID=1752. The Service Pack for ArcGIS Desktop is 364 MB
which is the largest.
Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP | Vice President, GIS/IT
KECK & WOOD, INC. <http://www.keckwood.com/>
2750 Premiere Parkway, Suite 900, Duluth, GA 30019
Direct (678) 417-4013 | Main (678) 417-4000 | Fax (678) 417-4055
Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SHRUG-L