shrug-l: GIS Developer Position in Nashville TN.

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Mon Oct 31 08:19:28 EDT 2011

*Company Name:* GEO-Jobe GIS Consulting

*Company Location:* Nashville, TN

*Company Background:*

About GEO-Jobe - Since 1999, GEO-Jobe GIS Consulting (GEO-Jobe) has been
helping clients throughout the United States benefit from the power of
GIS technology. Our experienced team of GIS experts and business
partners has positioned GEO-Jobe as a complete GIS service provider for
industries such as Local Government, Utilities, Aviation and
Universities. From data creation to application development, GEO-Jobe is
committed to doing whatever it takes to move our clients into a position
where GIS technology can be used in the decision making process.

Our Focus - GEO-Jobe is a team of "Geospatial Thinkers" consisting of
professional geographers trained to view all things from a spatial
perspective. We believe in the power of GIS technology and feel that it,
coupled with applied geographic knowledge, can help solve some of the
most complex global problems we face today. Our mission is to work with
clients to identify opportunities where GIS technology can increase
operational efficiency and then implement solutions that allow for these
opportunities to be capitalized on. Through our mission, we advance the
technology forward, produce a more efficient public sector, a more
competitive private sector and ultimately introduce our clients to the
world of geospatial thinking.

*Job Title*: GIS Application Developer
*Job Salary Range:* $70,000 - $85,000 based on experience.
*Job Description:*
GEO-Jobe GIS Consulting is looking for an application developer with
experience in the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) industry. This
individual will fill the role of developing rich internet applications
that deliver the power of GIS technology to users in a wide variety of
industries such as Local Government, Utility, Aviation, Universities, etc.

Required skills and experience are as follows.

Must Have:
1.) BS Degree in Computer Science

2.) Relational database experience with Microsoft SQL Server

3.) Extensive knowledge of the Esri ArcGIS technology stack (ArcSDE,
ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS for Server)

4.) Web server administration experience on the Microsoft platform (IIS,
Windows Server 2003 and/or 2008)

5.) Application development experience using the following:
     a. .NET (C# and/or VB.NET, ASP.NET)
     b. Esri ArcObjects API
     c. JavaScript (Dojo and ArcGIS API for JavaScript)
     d. Flex (Adobe Flex and ArcGIS API for Flex)

Nice to Have:
1.) Web application development experience with the following:
     a. Silverlight (Microsoft Silverlight and ArcGIS API for Silverlight)

2.) Mobile application development experience on Rugged Devices
     a. ArcGIS Mobile
     b. ArcPad

3.) Mobile application development experience on Smartphones and Tablets
     a. iOS (ArcGIS API for iOS)
     b. Microsoft Windows Phone (ArcGIS API for Windows Phone)
     c. Android (ArcGIS API for Android)

To Apply:
If you are a GIS developer that meets the MUST HAVE requirements above
and are
interested in joining a team of innovative GIS professionals, please
apply today by
sending your resume to:

Neill Jobe, Sr. Vice President
GEO-Jobe GIS Consulting
E-mail: njobe at geo-jobe.com

Note to Foreign Applicants -- U.S. citizen or authorized employment
clearance is
required. Sorry, but we will not petition for a Visa on your behalf.

--
eGIS Associates, Inc.
678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax