shrug-l: Right Tool for the Right Job

Keith Sandell Keith.Sandell at citizensfla.com
Mon Oct 31 15:03:29 EDT 2011

Hey Shruggers,

Perhaps I am having an off day...

Riddle me this:

How do you accomplish the effects of an Erase or Symmetrical Difference
if you do "not" have an ArcInfo license?

I have Info, but that is beside the point.

Can anyone think of any combination of the tools available with
ArcEditor that could result in the output of an Erase or Symmetrical
Difference?

Outside of writing a python script to write the new geometry by combing
the two I can't find a solution.

Thanks

As always solutions and/or humorous comments are appreciated. J

Keith Sandell, MBA

GIS Manager, Corporate Analytics

Citizens Property Insurance Corporation

2320 Killearn Center Blvd, Bldg D, Tallahassee, Florida 32309

ofc. 850.521.8341   |   cell 850.727.2897

"If we are to achieve results never before accomplished we must expect
to employ methods never before attempted." - Francis Bacon