shrug-l: Service Pack 1 for ArcGIS 10.1 to be released in Oct
tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Fri Aug 17 12:35:51 EDT 2012
Esri recently announced that it will release service pack 1 for ArcGIS 10.1
in October. Here are some of the issues this service pack will address:
1. When selecting an option in the Interactive Selection Method from
the Selection Menu in ArcMap, it will not update the selection for the same
option in the Interactive Selection Method Tool. However, when selecting an
option from the Interactive Selection Method Tool, it will update the
selection for the same option in the Interactive Selection Method from the
2. The Extract by Rectangle tool does not honor the Output Extent
3. Select by location does not consider datum transformation
4. In ModelBuilder, the Select Layer By Location Tool fails to release
memory during iteration.
5. The Path Distance tool using vertical factor generates incorrect
6. The geoprocessing result returned from the Project tool is incorrect
when attempting to reproject a feature class into a feature dataset.
7. Spatial Join selects the wrong polygon as closest to a line.
8. Performing an identity on a feature class with measures corrupts the
9. The Extract Data tool fails on a large intermediate table of
attributed relationship class.
10. ArcMap freezes when importing 9.3.1 XML workspace
11. ArcMap crashes when adding a raster to a raster field
12. The Reshape Feature tool creates duplicate vertices at the end of a
13. A Python field calculation treats a double-precision field as an
integer if the values in the field are integers with no decimal places.
14. Multipart to single part crashes ArcGIS
15. Model with Join Field crashes ArcMap
Those are just a few of the issues addressed. Esri has published a 10 page
0/metaid/1898> of issues that will be addressed by this Service Pack and it
is growing. If you would like to report an issue or make a suggestion for
functionality enhancements, you can post to http://ideas.arcgis.com/.
Tripp Corbin, MCP, CFM, GISP | Chief Executive Officer
<http://www.egisassociates.com/> eGIS Associates, Inc.
<mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax
Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SHRUG-L