shrug-l: Temporary GIS position available
Richard.Butgereit at em.myflorida.com
Wed Jul 18 16:28:03 EDT 2012
For Tropical Storm Debby recovery, FEMA has opened a joint field office in Tallahassee, FL and seeks to employ a GIS Specialist.
To view full details for this job and to apply - please visit http://bit.ly/NxXN9I
Here's some brief details -
Job Duration - estimated 4-150 days
Type of Job - temporary
Salary Range - $25.00 per hour
Location - Northwood Center, 1940 N Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32303
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Fingerprinting, criminal background and credit report checks will be conducted
* Incumbent must live within 50 mile radius of office
* Education: HS diploma/GED
* Experience: 1 year production environment in GIS; emergency management a plus
* ArcMap 9.3 or 10.0
* Microsoft Office Excel, Word
* Proof reading
* Attention to detail
* Customer services
* Search data warehouse
* Makes maps in fast paced environment
* Manipulate data geospatially
* Perform data analysis
* Manage and list paper into plotters
* Change ink/printer heads
* Administrative tasks as assigned
Obviously, due to the temporary nature and unknown duration of employment, this opportunity isn't for everyone. It would be a good opportunity for a GIS professional who has recently found themselves unemployed in this economy or someone with little experience wishing to build their resume.
If you have any questions, you may feel free to contact me - but please understand this is a job working for FEMA - so there may be much that I will be unable to answer.
This position will work closely with the State of Florida Emergency Response Team GIS.
Richard Butgereit, GISP
Florida Division of Emergency Management
richard.butgereit at em.myflorida.com<blocked::mailto:richard.butgereit at em.myflorida.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SHRUG-L