shrug-l: AL URISA Meeting Reminder - March 30 in Tuscaloosa

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Thu Mar 29 08:33:36 EDT 2012

I will be presenting at the upcoming Alabama URISA meeting being held on
March 30 in Tuscaloosa. I hope some of you might be able to attend. Please
feel free to pass this along to anyone that might be interested. You do earn
education points toward getting and maintaining your GISP certification.
Here are the details:

Where: Tuscaloosa City - Council Chambers - 2201 University Blvd, Tuscaloosa
AL

When: March 30 - 10:00 to 12:00 CST

Topic: Moving Beyond the Technical - Skill For Professionals and Management

Most of us start our GIS careers editing date, doing analysis, managing
databases, and making maps. After a while, though, we get promoted to
management where we find ourselves dealing less with GIS and more with
people, projects, budgets, human resources, and many other challenges our
technical training has not prepared us for.

This presentation will provide some tips on how to handle some of these new
challenges you need as a manager as well as where to get help and training.

Presented By: Tripp Corbin, eGIS Associates Inc.

Tripp is the CEO and a Co-founder of eGIS Associates, Inc. He has over 20
years of surveying, mapping and GIS related experience. He is recognized as
an industry expert with a variety of geospatial software packages including
Esri, Autodesk and Trimble products. He holds multiple certifications
including Microsoft Certified Professional, Certified Floodplain Manager,
Certified GIS Professional, Comptia Certified Technical Trainer and Esri
Certified Trainer. Tripp is a past President of Georgia URISA and currently
serves on the URISA International Board of Directors. He is also a member of
the GISP Application Review committee and an At-Large GITA Southeast Board
Member. Other contributions Tripp has made to the GIS Profession include
helping to draft the new Geospatial Technology Competency Model that was
adopted by the US Department of Labor, presenting at various conferences and
workshops around the US, and providing help to other GIS Professionals
around the world on various blogs, lists and forums.

After our meeting, any attendees are encouraged to join us for lunch at
Innisfree Irish Pub (1925 University Blvd)

tcorbin at egisassociates.com | www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Trainer | Esri Certified Desktop Associate