shrug-l: 9.3.2 floating license problem

F F ffko at lycos.com
Wed May 30 11:46:46 EDT 2012

Asking for help on following issue:

We replaced our server with a new server with a new name for server. Obtained new keycode from ESRI and installed our license manger and installed dongle key. ArcMap 9.3.1 opened for the briefest of moments and then shut down on users computer. ArcGis desktop administrator indicates license manager located on server and the appropriate number of licenses available. License manager is appropriate version for 9.3.1. Tried reinstall of ArcMap. It worked at 9.3 stage. After installing 9.3.1 update the software would not stay open. As user, I have no admin rights on my machine, help desk folk have no admin rights on server. Have to coordinate our efforts. We have not contacted ESRI with problem as yet, our support program lapsed . Anyone have a similar problem and a resolution?

Fred K