shrug-l: APA article on using GIS for Fiscal Impact analysis

Linda Tomaselli ltomaselli at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 2 15:52:17 EDT 2013

I would like to share with you two recent articles published by the American Planning Association (APA).

The first is titled: "How to Produce More Accurate Fiscal Impact Analyses", published in Winter, 2012.  I have attached a copy.

A second more lengthy article is titled "Fiscal Impact Analysis Using GIS in Anoka, Minnesota", and is published APA's members-only publication Practicing Planner. They have allowed me to post the article on my website www.GISFiscalImpact.com.  I am attaching a copy of that article as well.

This approach has also been recognized by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA).

I welcome any comments or questions.

Sincerely,

Dr. Linda Tomaselli

=======