shrug-l: Easements

Scott Warner swarner at gulfcounty-fl.gov
Thu Aug 1 08:11:27 EDT 2013

Greetings Shruggers,

Does anyone have information about easements and who in your county
maintains them in your GIS or database?   This might be more geared towards
Department of Revenue GIS folks but are there requirements let’s say by DOR
that say Property Appraisers are to maintain any and all easements in their
jurisdiction?  Or maybe does this come down to the Clerks responsibility and
that Clerks Offices are to keep track of all easements in their records?  Or
maybe is it the County Planner and the Planning Department that is to
maintain these?   Yes, I could probably ask our local officers these
questions but just in case they don’t know the answer to them I would like
to know what others out there have done to collect them or research them.

To summarize, I am being asked to map all easements in our county and being
a 1 man shop I can’t yet see how I will tackle this large and seemingly
impossible project without so much as a list of locations of easements and
so forth.  Make sense?

Thanks for any help,

Scott

Gulf County Board of County Commissioners

Scott Warner, GISP, FPEM - GIS Director/EM Coordinator

1000 Cecil G. Costin, Sr. Blvd Bldg 500

Port St. Joe, Florida 32456

85°17'24.4"W  29°48'48.807"N

Office: (850) 229-6145

Fax: (866) 402-1692

Email:  <mailto:swarner at gulfcounty-fl.gov> swarner at gulfcounty-fl.gov

County Web Address:   <http://www.gulfcounty-fl.gov/>
http://www.gulfcounty-fl.gov

GIS Department Web Address:   <http://www.gulfcounty-fl.gov/gis.cfm>
http://www.gulfcounty-fl.gov/gis.cfm

Emergency Management's Facebook page:
<http://www.facebook.com/GulfCountyEmergencyManagement>

Skype: gulf.county.fl.gis

"Under Florida Law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want
your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not
send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by
telephone or in writing."