shrug-l: Register Now for the 2013 GIS Workshop
duanet at thomasville.org
Thu Aug 1 11:27:29 EDT 2013
SHRUG 2013 GIS Workshop<http://www.shrug-gis.info/workshop2013/>
The SHRUG workshop committee invites you to attend the 2013 GIS Workshop November 19th-20th at the FSU Conference Center. Register now<http://www.shrug-gis.info/workshop2013/registration.aspx> for an early bird rate of just $90.00. This rate is good through the end of August. Starting September 1st the normal rate of $110.00 begins.
Are you a student? Great, you can register at the awesome rate of just $50.00. To take advantage of this special rate you must provide a valid student ID at time of check in and be registered for at least nine semester hours.
What does registration get you? ALL OF THIS:
* 2 great full days of GIS knowledge sharing and fun!
* Admission to over 40 GIS presentation sessions
* 2 Continental breakfasts
* 2 Hot lunches
* Beverage/Snack Breaks
* SHRUG tote bag
* Novelty items & information
* A SHRUG GIS Workshop Program and Name Badge
* A Workshop T-shirt
* 1 Automatic Prize Drawing Ticket (Early Registrants get 2!)
* Contests and social activities
We understand that training and travel dollars have become hard to come by in recent times. Justifying the value gained through the use of these dollars has become the norm. So why should you attend the 2013 SHRUG GIS Workshop<http://www.shrug-gis.info/workshop2013/>? Here are just a few of the benefits you and your organization will realize from attending.
1. See how other similar organizations are implementing and using technology. You might pick up a tip or two that would be helpful back in your shop.
2. Learn how related professions and organizations are utilizing Geospatial Technologies (Surveying, GIS, Planners, Floodplain Managers, Utility Crews, EMA and so on). You might see a way you could expand the use of Geospatial Technologies in your organization to save time and money.
3. Learn about new technology and how it may be able to help your organization.
4. Network with other professionals. Get to know some of the best and brightest Geospatial Professionals here in Florida and the Southeast. You never know when knowing someone will come in handy.
5. See the direction the technology and profession are heading. Should you move forward with that Flex based application or should you consider migrating to HTML 5? Is Custom programing needed or can commercial off the shelf (COTS) software meet your needs? How do you gather your data, is crowd sourcing an option? Will crowd sourcing impact our industry?
6. Earn GISP Education Points and/or Continuing Education (PDHs/CEUs) hours for attending.
These are just a few of the many reasons and benefits for attending
SHRUG's 2013 GIS Workshop November 19th and 20th<http://www.shrug-gis.info/workshop2013/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SHRUG-L