shrug-l: Geo-processing Question - Redistricting Populations

Bret Whiteley bretwhiteley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 12:52:37 EDT 2013

Shruggers,

I got a question about a work-flow or tool that I am sure at least one of
you will have a good solution/experience with.

I need to divide a geographic area into 15 zones of roughly equal
population.  Of course the population is not evenly distributed.  Any idea
of how to simply do this?  I played with the ESRI Add-in "Districting" but
found no autonomous way of doing this, without hand selecting polygons.

Thanks for any ideas or brainstorms anybody has,

Bret.