shrug-l: ESRI Water Utility Operations Dashboard App 10.1

Duane Treadon duanet at thomasville.org
Tue Mar 5 08:29:37 EST 2013

Hi all,

As we build our GIS infrastructure we are looking to the web apps provided by ESRI in their Local Government map and app gallery.  I am currently working on setting up the 10.1 Water Utility Operations Dashboard app.  All seemed straight forward and configuration of the files (changing code to point to your map and feature services) was easier than I thought it would be.

My issue started, or better put first noticed, when I moved the app filed to our web server for testing.  The app runs and is functional but runs very slowly and sometimes seems to get hung up when zooming or clicking on a feature for assets information.  In looking at the server log I am getting a lot of

Instance of the service 'opsDash/Infrastructure.MapServer' crashed. (code 8252)

and

Internal Server Error. Error handling service request : Could not service request. (code 9000)

and

Services containing process crashed. opsDash/Infrastructure.MapServer instance has crashed. (code 8273)

These errors keep repeating themselves, assuming anytime the app is asked to process something like zooming, panning, or asset query.

I've looked up the codes but cannot find much information on what is causing the issue or how to fix it.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has deployed this app or other ESRI local government apps like the my government services, park finder, election, etc.  You might have some helpful information to pass on about proper setting up and deploying of these apps.

Also we are not using the web adaptor.  In the reading on it I am not sure that it is needed for us.  I love to hear form others who are using the web adaptor. Maybe you can help me understand if it is needed in our deployment.

Thanks all,

Duane Treadon, GISP
Director of GIS | City of Thomasville | Technology Resources
Office: (229) 227-4023 | Cell: (229) 221-5991
111 Victoria Place | P.O. Box 1540 | Thomasville, GA | 31799

The Power of Community. The Power of Service.