shrug-l: Railroads

Sykes, John John.Sykes at dep.state.fl.us
Tue Jan 28 15:00:19 EST 2014

I'm looking for a better than decent Florida-wide railroad layer.

I have the 1:100,000 and 1:24,000 USGS layers, the FDOT layer, the Tiger layer and even the FRA layer, but they are all just NOT THAT ACCURATE!

Does anyone know of a RR layer that actually puts the polyline down the middle of the rails (or even just somewhere between the rails) when looking at, say, a 1 ft res aerial photo?  One that actually shows all the sidings, etc. in the right place would also be helpful.

-- John

P.S.   I asked someone from a Florida railroad years ago and they sent me a 1916 survey map that was done for the ICC.

[Dep Customer Survey]<http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=John.Sykes@dep.state.fl.us>