shrug-l: 123D by AutoDesk

Porter, William B. william.porter at famu.edu
Tue Mar 25 11:34:30 EDT 2014

Has anyone used the free [for a time] AutoDesk 123D?
I've done two experiments.   So far the results look like Mark Twain's drawings of a moving cat. I couldn't find it on the web, but the cat wouldn't sit still so it was twisted and unrecognizable.

I've learned you have to have level ground to walk around the subject - and nothing on FAMU is flat. Trees, police cars and foundation plantings all interfere.   A tripod set up to take every picture dead level would help to.

William  B. Porter     william.porter at famu.edu<mailto:william.porter at famu.edu>     850 412 5972
Application Coordinator for GIS / Infrastructure
Florida A&M University
EIT / GIS
Perry-Paige, West Wing Ground floor,
Office 1 -C