shrug-l: JOB OPPORTUNIY

Bob Bates bbates at acpafl.org
Wed Aug 3 11:20:05 EDT 2016

GIS Programmer/Analyst

Gainesville, Florida

The Alachua County Property Appraiser's Office is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of GIS Programmer/Analyst to be a part of the Geographical Information Systems (GIS) team in the Property Appraiser's Office.  We are looking to round out our GIS development team with candidates who have a mix of ArcGIS Online web development, GIS development/analysis and database skills.

The GIS team at the Alachua County Property Appraisers Office is tasked with the development and deployment of spatially aware solutions for the public and users inside of local governmental departments.

Applications are invited from candidates with a competent skill set that emphasizes the ability to develop technically sound applications using a wide range of development tools and technologies.  The ideal candidate will be a graduate with a degree in Computer Science, Geography, GIS, or a related discipline, plus 2-3 years relevant industry experience or any equivalent combination of related training and experience. The candidate should be comfortable working as part of a team.

Our GIS development is done with a variety of software solutions including VB.NET, PYTHON, Model Builder, ArcObjects, ArcGIS Online and Javascript using ESRI's SDE, ArcServer and SQL Server database.  We have virtualized our development/production environment to the Amazon AWS CLOUD services.

Salary $ 60,000 Base Depending on Qualifications

Please send or email all resumes and question to:

Bob Bates - CFE, CCF, MCF

Executive Director of GIS, Technology & Support Services

Alachua County Property Appraiser's Office

515 North Main Street, Suite 200

Gainesville, FL  32602

(352) 374-5230

e-mail: bbates at acpafl.org