shrug-l: ArcGIS 10.4 install issue - resolution

Tripp Corbin tcorbin at egisassociates.com
Fri Mar 18 18:45:59 EDT 2016

I was finally able to find a solution to my issue installing and running
ArcGIS Desktop 10.4. I could get 10.4 to install but neither ArcMap or
ArcCatalog would run. I got a generic "application will not start error".

Well it appears that the root of my troubles was a beta version of ArcGIS
Earth I had installed previously. The beta version appears to have corrupted
some windows DLLs. Esri has an app you can download to fix it.  Here is the
Esri support article on it -
http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/46001.

I thought I would share this fix just in case someone else ran into this
issue. I appreciate all the suggestions I received. Again this list is a
great resource.

 <mailto:tcorbin at egisassociates.com> tcorbin at egisassociates.com |
www.egisassociates.com

678-710-9710 ext 21 | 866-304-3864 Fax

Esri Certified Desktop Professional | Esri Certified Enterprise System
Design Associate

Order my new book
<https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/learning-arcgis-pro>
Learning ArcGIS Pro now!