shrug-l: GIS OPS Opportunity at FL Department of Agriculture and Consumer Service

Wander, Sara Sara.Wander at freshfromflorida.com
Tue Aug 15 09:52:17 EDT 2017

Good Afternoon,

The Office of Agricultural Water Policy at the FL Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services is looking to hire a full-time OPS GIS Analyst.  The pay rate is $23/hour.

This position would assist the GIS needs of the Water Policy Planning Section and serve as the GIS data coordinator as well as the liaison between various program areas within the agency. This position will also be responsible for coordination and collaborating with contractors on the FL Statewide Irrigation Demand Database. Additionally, this position will create, maintain and update the program's enterprise geodatabase.

The skills we are looking for include the following:
Knowledge  of/experience with ArcGIS Geodatabase management
Experience with ArcMap analysis tools and the application of those tools
The ability to coordinate and collaborate with various groups of people with varying levels of GIS understanding
Experience with water policy planning is a plus
Experience with model builder and python is highly desired
Experience with web GIS mapping using ArcGIS Online is also desired

If you are interested in this position, please contact me via phone or e-mail by Friday, 8/18.

Thank you,

Sara Wander, GISP
Enterprise GIS Manager
Office of Agriculture Technology Services
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

850-245-1079
Sara.Wander at freshfromflorida.com<mailto:Sara.Wander at freshfromflorida.com>
Mayo Building
407 S Calhoun St, B-14
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0800

www.FreshFromFlorida.com<http://www.freshfromflorida.com/>

Please note that Florida has a broad public records law (Chapter 119, Florida Statutes).
Most written communications to or from state employees are public records obtainable
by the public upon request.  Emails sent to me at this email address may be considered public
and will only be withheld from disclosure if deemed confidential pursuant to the laws of the
State of Florida