shrug-l: We need your help crowdsourcing GIS data

Yosem Companys ycompanys at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 21:21:10 EST 2018

Hi All,

Do you or someone you know have expertise crowdsourcing GIS data?

I'm currently advising Hunter College's Center for Puerto Rican Studies
("Centro") on its GIS mapping efforts
<https://centropr.hunter.cuny.edu/events-news/rebuild-puerto-rico/data-hub> in
Puerto Rico. Centro is one of just a handful of groups using GIS mapping to
help Puerto Rico.

Since Hurricane Maria's landfall in Puerto Rico, Centro's GIS mapping has
shifted from relief to recovery and reconstruction. To accelerate its
efforts, Centro would like to create a crowdsourcing platform for gathering
GIS data.

I've suggested to Centro to connect with developers who have expertise in
crowdsourcing GIS data so as to avoid reinventing the wheel. To this end,
should you or someone you know have expertise developing crowdsourcing
platforms for gathering GIS data, please let me know.

Thanks,
Yosem