[Sqg-program] Monday - changes to the CHAZ SQG forms

Griffith, John "Jack" John.Griffith at dep.state.fl.us
Thu Jul 14 10:52:05 EDT 2011

County SQG folks,

Good morning, I hope no one is experiencing any problems with the Data updates we have made so far.

Monday morning we should be finished with the changes to the CHAZ SQG forms to include the PUOCC (Public Used Oil Collection Center) interface and data view capability.

Here is what you will see new on the Facilities tab:

[cid:image004.png at 01CC4210.C97A57D0][cid:image008.png at 01CC420D.66871A80][cid:image001.jpg at 01CC4214.11E0B520]

Some new Email addresses have been added and some contact and mailing address data has been updated for older verifications where the PUOCC annual report is much newer. History records were added for PUOCC Facilities (updated or not) detailing the most recent PUOCC data as received by FDEP. These facilities may not be deleted but they may be updated.
Some new SQGs have been added for PUOCC facilities (both active and inactive) that did not exist in the SQG data. These have been marked as Potential Generators. These facilities may not be deleted, but they may be updated by the counties to mark them as Out of Business or Active or to change any other information. I suggest that they are worth a look.
The PUOCC fields may not be altered by the Counties. HHW Facilities may be marked with a "Y" in the HHW field.  Inactive PUOCCs will be marked as "INA" in the PUOCC field.

You can find your PUOCCs by running a report for facilities with "UOEO" wastes.

Deleting facilities is strongly discouraged in general - only administrators will be able to delete facilities in the future. If they are inactive or out of business, just mark them that way.

Here is what you will see on the Corporate Info tab (for those PUOCCs that have a corporate headquarters):

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC4214.11E0B520]
This Information may not be added, updated, or deleted by the counties

Here is what you will see on the Waste Summary tab:

[cid:image005.jpg at 01CC4214.11E0B520]

A new UOEO waste has been added to indicate that PUOCC waste is or has been collected at the facility. These Wastes may not be added or deleted by the counties, but they may be updated by the counties.

Here is what you will see new on the Waste Details screen for UOEO wastes only (double-click the "UOEO"):

[cid:image011.png at 01CC4213.861AD8E0][cid:image013.jpg at 01CC4214.11E0B520]

Counties may change anything on this screen except the PUOCC checkbox. Any data entered for a UOEO waste should only cover the Used Oil collected under the PUOCC program. This data is not required, but PUOCC Used Oil may be tracked separately from the other Used Oil if desired.

If you click on the PUOCC Yearly Quantity button, this screen is displayed:

[cid:image018.jpg at 01CC4214.11E0B520]

By Monday, there will be data in the screen indicating how much PUOCC use oil (in gallons) was reported as collected in each year's PUOCC annual reports.
This data may not be added, updated, or deleted by the counties. We hope this data will be useful in understanding the SQG Used Oil activities at the facility.

Please let me know (call or email) if you experience any problems on Monday, or if you would like to discuss the new information.

Jack Griffith
MS 4550
2600 Blair Stone Road
Tallahassee FL, 32399-2400
850-245-8748
Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from state officials are public records and may be made available to the public or media upon request. This e-mail communication, your reply, and future e-mails to my attention may therefore be subject to public disclosure.

The Department of Environmental Protection values your feedback as a customer. DEP Secretary Herschel T. Vinyard Jr. is committed to continuously assessing and improving the level and quality of services provided to you. Please take a few minutes to comment on the quality of service you received. Simply click on this link to the DEP Customer Survey<http://survey.dep.state.fl.us/?refemail=John.Griffith@dep.state.fl.us>. Thank you in advance for completing the survey.