[Sqg-program] Accepting Nominations for 2013 Florida Chapter NAHMMA awards

Stermer, Andrea AndreaStermer at polk-county.net
Thu Jan 17 13:02:35 EST 2013

Please tell us about the great things your program has done in 2012, or the great things that you know another program or individual has done.

>      Community Service Award - To recognize the program that goes beyond inspections and HHW collection to do community outreach.

>      Golden Bung – Given to the HHW facility that has made the most significant improvements.

>      Longstanding Program Excellence - For programs that have been in service for 20 years or more and have consistently gone above and beyond to help their community and this profession.

>      Most Inspiring Member - To recognize a member that has been an inspiration for our organization.

>      Pickled Skunk Brains – To recognize the most unusual item received at an HHW or CESQG collection service.

>      Picric Acid - To recognize the most explosive situation at an HHW or CESQG collection service in the past year.

>      Picturesque - Given to the person or program with the best photo of an event or facility with the most unique or creative occurrence.

>      Public/Private Partnership - To recognize companies, government agencies, non profit groups and political entities that have worked together as partners to accomplish a goal that is supportive of the mission of NAHMMA and its members and chapter.  Divisions will be Government/Non-Profit and Government/Private.

>      P2 Award - To recognize an individual or organization for outstanding service in promoting pollution prevention and the reduction of hazardous components in the waste streams.

>      SQG Program of the Year – To recognize the most outstanding or most improved SQG Program.

>      Doug Nelson Outstanding Service Award – To recognize individuals or organizations that have done a great deal for the NAHMMA Chapter but do not fit into any of the other award categories.

The deadline to submit your nomination is March 1st.

Richard J. Lobinske, Ph.D.
Hazardous Waste Manager
Leon County Solid Waste Division
Office of Resource Stewardship
7550 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee, FL  32311
850/606-1816
fax: 850/606-1801
http://www.LeonCountyFL.gov/HHW<http://www.leoncountyfl.gov/HHW>
"People Focused. Performance Driven"

Thank you for your email.  Please note that under Florida's Public Records laws, most written communications to or from county staff or officials regarding county business are public records available to the public and media upon request.  Your e-mail communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure.

Please Note: Florida has a very broad Public Records Law.
Most written communications to or from State and Local
Officials regarding State or Local business are public records